VMware Cloud Community
Marcel1967
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Icon indicating ESXi host in standby mode

I noticed that our ESXi (3.5.0 110271) hosts display a red triagle having an exclamation mark inside immediately after the host has been put in standby mode by Distributed Power Management. The red icon indicates a warning but for me a server in standby is not in a warning state.

The summary tab shows while the host is in standby: HA Agent disabled on <host> in cluster <cluster>. When the host is online HA is functioning okay. No errors.

Is this red triagle icon by design for hosts in standby? I was expecting a blue box with a moon showing for standby status.

Marcel

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FredericNass
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

Thanks to Google I found this post. Cause I have exactly the same problem with ESX 3.5.123630 (Update3) and NEC Servers Express5800/120.

I enabled Jumbo frames. Dont know if that's anything t do with it... Also the RED warning, saying in front of the ESX server name. Behind the name it says "(standby mode)" but in Summary tab, it shows "HA agent disabled on esx3.blabla.com in cluster..."And I have a RED alarm relative to "Host connection state".

It appeared once yesterday that I had a blue moon logo in front of it, then it disappeared and was replaced by the red warning.

I think this might be some kind of a bug.

Thanks for any help once might provide here,

Mini.

BTW, how can I obtain a report from my esx server or virtual infrastructure so you clever guru guys can spot the cause of this bad situation ?

2020-07-27 11_26_13-Login Consultants Nederland BV - Workspace ONE and 7 more pages - Work - Microso.png

0 Kudos