VMware Cloud Community
garethsnaim
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ISO file does not mount, CD rom goes from connected to disconnected

I am trying to install VMWare Sever appliance I have downloaded the iso three times.

Its applied to my VM via the CDrom datastore file. It shows as connected.

When I launch the vm it just goes to lan searching for boot then gives up. I close the vm and the CDrom now shows as diconnected.

I have tried on a variety of browsers, if I use a different ISO it works, so I am guessing the ISO, but I can only download it so many times its 4 gigs.

How do I fix this please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The vCenter Server Appliance installation wizard - which can run on Windows, Linux, or MacOS - will walk you trough the different steps, which include connecting to an ESXi host, on which the appliance will be deployed. The deployment consists of creating and configuring the vCenter Server appliance (a virtual machine) on an ESXi host.

For details please see Deploying the vCenter Server Appliance

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I am trying to install VMWare Sever appliance I have downloaded the iso three times.

Instead of re-downloading, you can simply check the downloaded image by verifying its checksum against the one shown on the download page.

Anyway, assuming they you are talking about the vCenter Server Appliance, it's no bootable image. You rather that the deployment from a PC by mounting the ISO as a CD-ROM, and starting the installer from the subdirectory that matches your operating system.

Please note that the installation has some prerequisites that need to be in place (e.g. proper DNS resolution).

André

0 Kudos
garethsnaim
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Andre I am trying to install it on my ESXI though?

Do I have to have a VM of windows running in order to install the server, I thought it was running on VM rocket os or something?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The vCenter Server Appliance installation wizard - which can run on Windows, Linux, or MacOS - will walk you trough the different steps, which include connecting to an ESXi host, on which the appliance will be deployed. The deployment consists of creating and configuring the vCenter Server appliance (a virtual machine) on an ESXi host.

For details please see Deploying the vCenter Server Appliance

André

0 Kudos
garethsnaim
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thankyou Andre, I was trying to deploy it like a traditional Virtual.

I think I am barking up the wrong tree with server, I thought it did something that it does not!

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Like Andre explained, please run the vCenter installation wizard in the simple following step by step:

1. Mount the ISO in your client/laptop/managing PC that you can connect to the ESXi through this device.

2. Go inside this drive (GUI Installer) and choose the sub-directory (Linux/MAC/Windows) based on this managing system OS type

3. Run the installer (for example for the windows run the installer.exe) and then go inside the installation wizard.

However before going through this, you should plan for the SSO Domain name, Administrator credential, size of the virtual infrastructure and other steps of the installation wizard. So I recommend to read the related VCSA installation documentaries carefully then try to deploy the vCenter Server.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos