VMware Cloud Community
sasamarkovic
Contributor
Contributor

IP logging in VSP4.1U1 vs in VSP4.1

Hi all

I have a question.

In our environment there are a lot of personell interested in trying and testing VSphere, and that is fine. Issue is that all of them are logging in as Administrator.

I've tried and succedded to see the IP address from which they are logging in on to VCS in version 4.1, by checking vpxd system log on VCS and scanning for New Client SSL. That would provide me with IP address of the client attached to VCS.

That is not available in 4.1U1, or at least not in this matter.

Does someone know how can I see the IP address of the VSClient connected onto VCS in VSP4.1U1?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welceom to the Community - Why not let them use their windows credentials that way you will know who is logging in - simpley add the users to the Local Administrators group - this will give their windows credentials administrative access - you might have to add the vCenter server to the domain to do this.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
VirtualSingh
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with David,

Also using local roles and groups might also give you flexibility who can access what and also you can track of their login activities not only just who is logged in.

sasamarkovic
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you fully, but...

Considering that I am new in this company, my word is not still that strong.

I am suggesting that same thing over and over, but until it is done in the proper way, few people find it better to login as administrators.

Anyways, I need the way to find out the IP address people login from with their client.

Have tried increasing the value of VCenterSerrver logings from informational (Default) to verbose, and we will se what happens.

thanks

0 Kudos
sasamarkovic
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like that did the trick

thanks everyone Smiley Wink

0 Kudos