VMware Cloud Community
biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I can't add host to vCenter?!

I have very strange problem from today.

We have 2 servers (A and B), SAS shared storage and Linux vCenter. Licence is Essential Plus.

Everything was fine untill this morning - I couldn't connect to vCenter with vSphere client. Sometimes connection establish for a few seconds and then interupt, usually with message: VPXClient has stoped working.

I tried everything, even to deploy new vCenter, and I realize that connection stoped when I try to add serverA?!

IP addressesing is ok, storage is ok, everything is ok Smiley Happy but I cannot add server to vCenter.

Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Nikhil_Patwa
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Maybe there is IP address conflict with another system on your network and thus your ESXi server is not able to be connected. Try to change the IP address in your ESXi server and check out if its able to get connected in vCenter. ESXi server does not have a way of prompting IP address conflicts.

Hope this information is helpful

Nikhil

0 Kudos
keiooz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's right. Sometimes, tweaking your IP address changes everything and sometimes fix problems.

0 Kudos
biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. I have already try this. IP address host A is not duplicated, but anyway I change it and the situation has not changed: when I am going to add host in vCenter, after 89% the process stoped, connnection is interupt.

I think this is something about host configuration, but I can not find out what. I would like to solve this without formating host, I must find reason.

0 Kudos
jimraina
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi biokovo,   It seems most probably network connectivity or traffic or collision problem . If you have any monitoring tolls please monitor local traffic for utilisation and to find out root cause  nad small network please connect only host and server to switch , where you can get idea where is exact problem .

"You are stronger than you think"
0 Kudos
biokovo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks jimraina. I change Server A management IP but without success.

Network administrators didn't change anything regarding network, it is clean situation with network.

I think it must be something with host A configuration, becouse with host B there is no problem and I tried with another clean vCenter.

The only thing I have done a 20 days ago was I have change vpxa.conf file becouse I wan't to manually unregister host from vCenter, but that was before 20 days and it shouldn't be the reason.

0 Kudos