VMware Cloud Community
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am not able to upgrade the vCenter from 6.7 to latest patch, because the "Log" utilization is high

Hi Experts,

When I am trying to upgrade the vCenter from 6.7 to latest patch  6.7.54000 it was failed. Then from my analyze I found its because of the "Log" utilization is high. It used 98%. Also in the VAMI console summary page I have seen the overall health is "critical" and got one error like "File System /Storage/log" has run out of storage space. Increase the size of the disk /Storage/log. I have attached the both the screenshot in the attachement

I have to do the upgrade as soon as possible. Can you please help me to fix this issue. I am looking forward to hear from you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please take a look at e.g https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/83070 to find out whether it is possible to do some cleanup. Make sure that you have a current snapshot to which you can revert in case something goes wrong. André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have reported your post to the moderators, asking them to move it to the vCenter Server area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@scott28tt 

Thank you scott28tt.

I am looking forward to hearing from them. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You won't hear from the moderators, one of them should move your post, you'll notice the path above your opening comment change.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please take a look at e.g https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/83070 to find out whether it is possible to do some cleanup. Make sure that you have a current snapshot to which you can revert in case something goes wrong. André
0 Kudos
Leo0601
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@a_p_ 

Hi Ap,

Went through the log and did the changes which you mentioned. It started working. Thank you. Marked your answer as best answer. 

@scott28tt 

Hi Scott
Thanks for rerouting my question to the right team. 

0 Kudos