VMware Cloud Community
AntakarDonvar
Contributor
Contributor

Huge SQL VCDB file filled with vim.event.UserLoginSessionEvent

Hi,

I struggle to fix an issue where vCenter write hundreads of times per second Login and Logout information to the SQL VCDB.

Entries are present in:

dbo.VPX_EVENT

dbo.VPX_EVENT_ARG

dbo.VPX_EVENT contain entries for Administrator account, Administrator account have all top privileges for SQL, VC, System etc. (its test environment so i dont mind), entries are:

vim.event.UserLoginSessionEvent

vim.event.UserLogoutSessionEvent

As i mentioned, both entries are created hundreads of times per 1 second.

Sample DB entry:

EVENT_ID CHAIN_ID EVENT_TYPE EXTENDED_CLASS CREATE_TIME USERNAME CATEGORY VM_ID VM_NAME HOST_ID HOST_NAME COMPUTERESOURCE_ID COMPUTERESOURCE_TYPE COMPUTERESOURCE_NAME DATACENTER_ID DATACENTER_NAME DATASTORE_ID DATASTORE_NAME NETWORK_ID NETWORK_NAME NETWORK_TYPE DVS_ID DVS_NAME STORAGEPOD_ID STORAGEPOD_NAME CHANGE_TAG_ID
185542737 185542737 vim.event.UserLoginSessionEvent 0 2012-05-17 11:02:37.347 Administrator info NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL NULL

My DB file is at the moment is about 49GB in size. And thats what build up just over the weekend.

Why VC write so many Login/Logout entries into the DB?

How to make it stop?

My vCenter setup is based on VC 5 and 8x ESXi 5.0. SQL 2k8 R2 Standard.

I dont use vMA.

I have vShield installed on other VM. All login/logout entries seem to come from only one VM - vShield Server. I am not sure why.

I just double ckecked that the login and password are valid for vShield.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NexusNetworks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

have you fixed this? I believe vShield Manager is constantly logging in and logging back out again filling up my database. Any thoughts on how to disable it from constantly logging in and logging out every one second? This will drive me ape shit.

0 Kudos
AntakarDonvar
Contributor
Contributor

Currently working on the issue with VMware stuff.

When we will sort this out, i will post the update Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
NexusNetworks
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well I decided to say screw it and rebooted my vShield Manager and that seemed to stop the incessant "logged in" "logged out" by the appliance to vCenter. Hopefully this will keep my logs under control now.

0 Kudos