VMware Cloud Community
iamtez
Contributor
Contributor

How to uninstall a VC plugin?

Hi,

I wanted to know if there was any way to uninstall a VC plugin? I know I can disable/enable the plugin but I would like to know if there is any way to uninstall it.

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

check your add/remove programs where you run the VIC from. Which one are your tying to uninstall?

0 Kudos
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Add/Remove programs should do the trick for the plugins, you can also go to the plugins menu and un-enable whichever one you want.

• Kyle

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "
0 Kudos
iamtez
Contributor
Contributor

This is a custom plug-in that I have developed. I will check the Add/Remove Programs.

0 Kudos
iamtez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I do not see my plug-in in the Add/Remove Programs to remove it. I am running the VC in WinXP (not sure if this would help).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

wherever you are running the VIC to manage your vCenter, check the add/remove programs there. You can also check your vCenter server.

This is a custom plugin, so me trying to guess where it is quite simply a guess.

0 Kudos
iamtez
Contributor
Contributor

I checked on the machine where the vCenter is installed and running but there is nothing in the Add/Remove programs to remove my plug-in.

0 Kudos
stevilangel
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if this has been answered yet but here is how I fixed my issue of plugins that did not show up in Add/Remove Programs

• In a web browser, navigate to http://<vcenter server name or IP>/mob
  • Click Content
  • Click ExtensionManager
  • Select and copy the name of the plug-in you want to remove from the list of values under Properties.
  • Click UnregisterExtension (A new window appears)
  • Paste the name of the plug-in and click Invoke Method (This removes the plug-in)
  • Close the window.
  • Refresh the Managed Object Type:ManagedObjectReference:ExtensionManager window to verify if the plug-in is removed successfully.

Hope this Helps

0 Kudos