VMware Cloud Community
adrianych
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to start viClient & Login when Windows Boot up

Actually this might be dumb question but for some of the less techie or lower tier administrators this can be helpful in some situations.

Especially if we need help from other admins but do not want to release our passwords.

I have a workstation which I launch 2x viClient to the VMware PRD vCenter and VMware VIew VDI vCenter respectively.

- click on the viClient Shortcut

- Choose the vCenter from dropdown menu (or type it in)

- Enter User ID & PW (I normally use the Windows session credentials)

Is there a way to login automatically :

1. Launch the viClient to the VMware PRD vCenter when the Win7 Workstations boots up ?

2. Launch the viClient to the VMware View vCenter when the Win7 Workstations boots up ?

3. Launch the viClient to the VMware PRD vCenter via a shortcut or batch file ?

4. Launch the viClient to the VMware View vCenter via a shortcut or batch file ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tsjo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try changing the properties of the shortcut to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe" -s Server -u Username -p Secret

or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe" -s Server -passthroughAuth

if you're using Windows authentication.

Haven't tried, but if you want the client to autostart it might work if you add the shortcuts to the Startup folder.

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sparrowangelste
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

putting the shortcusts in the start bar should work.

--------------------- Sparrowangelstechnology : Vmware lover http://sparrowangelstechnology.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
adrianych
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

But how to create the shortcuts such that the vCenter is already choosen and the viClients have the credentils entered ?

Also, we have to manually click on to the "login" button.

What I would need/hope for is a command line or batch where I can hardcode the details.

0 Kudos
Tsjo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try changing the properties of the shortcut to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe" -s Server -u Username -p Secret

or

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe" -s Server -passthroughAuth

if you're using Windows authentication.

Haven't tried, but if you want the client to autostart it might work if you add the shortcuts to the Startup folder.

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
adrianych
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks...worked like a charm...

0 Kudos