VMware Cloud Community
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

How to repeat alarms on vCenter 6.7

Hi,

I had a look around in the document but it is unclear as to how should I configure alarm which should repeat.

Below I wish to repeat the alarm if the host is above 85% CPU usage for 5 minutes and it should repeat every 15 minutes. I do not see the option to make it repeat. Only in flash I see this.

pastedImage_0.png

Highly appreciate any pointers.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Documentation on this refers to the vSphere Web Client, so maybe you need to use the HTML5 client: Specify Alarm Actions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
jburen
Expert
Expert

If you want to configure "Repeat" for an Alarm Action you could use PowerCLI. I don't think it is available in the HTML5 Web Client.

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

My answer was based on the documentation - this section of the documentation:

Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 09.28.43.png

contains this reference:

Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 09.28.52.png

0 Kudos
jburen
Expert
Expert

It is true that it is available in the vSphere Web Client (Flex) but apparently it is not in the vSphere Client (HTML5).

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

I tried but I do not see section "repeat alarm" interestingly document does say anything on it.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos