VMware Cloud Community
werewolf07
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to let AD user login to vSphere Client

I have a small infrastructure setup. I am no expert. Just trying to get this to work for one of my class project where I need to let my group members access a vm. I have a domain user created in AD, and I like to have that domain user to be able to login to the vSphere Client to manage one of the virtual machines. How do I go about doing that?

Right now if i try to login with a domain user other than the administrator, I get this error message:

the vsphere client could not connect to "servername"

you do not have permission to login to the server: "servername"

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You will need to login in with the administrator accout and assign a role to that AD user - this combination of user and role provides permission to access the environment -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You will need to login in with the administrator accout and assign a role to that AD user - this combination of user and role provides permission to access the environment -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
werewolf07
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

weinstein5,

thanks for your response. I was able to add permission to the AD user! Thanks!.

I have 20 vms running, and I want to know if this is possible.

Deny the AD user read/write access to 19 vms

Allow the AD user read-only access to 1 vm

Possible?

0 Kudos
werewolf07
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

nevermind! I am still in the process of learning this. I created a folder and applied permission to that folder for that AD user for Virtual Machine -> Console Interaction

Thank You! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Glad to hear you have it all worked out -

0 Kudos