VMware Cloud Community
HiepFirescope
Contributor
Contributor

How to get VC to respond faster to API calls?

I'm using vijava to retrieve performance data from the VC. I'm noticing that 99% of the time taken are in waiting for the response from the VC. For example, it'll take less than 1ms of overhead to post the soap message to the VC and another 59ms waiting for a response from the VC. I added timing code to the vijava to get these numbers.

Can anyone tell me if there are configuration changes to the VC that I can perform get the VC to respond faster to API calls? Is there a way to allocate more VC resources to the API side? I know soap services can be slow, is there a non-soap way to access the data - perhaps directly via a database call?

I posed the same question to vijava author Steve Jin and my conclusion is that the vijava API is very fast already and barely has any overhead.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
paul_xtravirt
Expert
Expert

The short answer is you cannot change anything on the VC side to make the API run any faster; it is what it is; which can be frustrating at times (trust me.. I 'really' know).

You might want to post this question or get it moved to the developer forums/post API questions there in future. You will likely have more chance of getting a response.

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding some points

If you found this helpful, please consider awarding some points
0 Kudos