VMware Cloud Community
geekinabox
Contributor
Contributor

How to compute/see "VM Total Disk Latency (ms)" ?

In VC (running 4.0 u1) there is a VM-level alarm called "VM total disk latency (ms)" (see attachment for a picture of what I'm talking about).

I understand what this is, and would like to know if/how to access it as a VC performance counter/metric. There is no perf counter labelled as such. Is this readable via VC ? Obviously VC know about it from the alarming point-of-view. Or is this only directly readable via esxtop?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Don't bother setting up this alarm, it doesn't work. There is a bug that is being addressed by VMware Support

PR526619

geekinabox
Contributor
Contributor

Too bad ... hope they get it fixed. My question still stands though ... to the extent that it does get fixed, how can this metric be accessed outside of the alerting?

Latency stats are given per-LUN per-host, but I see no place that VC exposes these in the per-VM in the UI.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
LeeTheMC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Supposedly PR526619 was fixed, but as we all know from experience this alarm still does not work.  Does anyone have any more info on this bug, and whether it is fixed or will be fixed?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos