VMware Cloud Community
jajachch
Contributor
Contributor

How do I install VUM, on an MS Clustered VC 2.5

Hi!

At my work place, we have an MS clustered VC 2.5, on two physical servers .

I'v been trying to install the Vmware Update Manger (VUM) on a third server - a VM, with an MS SQL DB.

The MS SQL DataBase, is on another two clustered servers, and the VUM Machine has correct ODBC configurations.

I Installed VUM, when the VC Active node was node A, all was going well, no ports were changed, and the vc2.5 clients successfully downloaded & enabled the plug-in.

BUT - if I move node, and the VC active node is node B,

when enabling the VUM plug-in I recieve an error saying that either the VC or Database could not be reached, there for the plug in could not be enabled or work properly.

The strange thing is , that if i'd install the VUM server, when VC2.5 node B is the active one, the same error repeats itself when A is Active, and the plug in, when VC2.5 is on node B works like a charm.

When prompted for VC Credentials on VUM install - I put in the cluster service user, and the IP in the VC cluster group.

Can anyone help me solve this problem? I fear this may be a problem with the VUM Certificates.

PLZ HELP Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you pointing VUM to the virtual name of the cluster? If not, its always going to fail if it points to Node A when Node B is the active and vice versa.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
jajachch
Contributor
Contributor

I Point it to the Clustered VC ip.

meaning I have a network name called "vc" who is on the VCgroup in the cluster, and I point vum to the IP of that name.

i'v tried pointing it just to "vc" but I get the same problem, and I assumed an IP address is better, since the default value in the field asking you who is your VC Server is an IP address....

0 Kudos
jajachch
Contributor
Contributor

Up Up

HLP PLZ? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
WarrenO
Contributor
Contributor

Not an answer I'm afraid, but I'm getting exactly the same issue. Did you manage to resolve this issue?

Any help would be appreciated...

Warren

0 Kudos