VMware Cloud Community
danbrady143
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I get to vCenter?

Ok, I installed the latest version of vCenter 4. But how do I get to it. If I browse to the localhost on default port 80, I just get the vSphere Web Client. Really confused as to how I actually use vCenter.

-Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you will use the vSphere4 Client to access to GUI for vCenter. Did you install? If not, point your web browser to the IP or FQDN vCenter, there you can download and install the client.

If running from the Host itself, then use local host. By default the local administrators group has the administrator role.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you will use the vSphere4 Client to access to GUI for vCenter. Did you install? If not, point your web browser to the IP or FQDN vCenter, there you can download and install the client.

If running from the Host itself, then use local host. By default the local administrators group has the administrator role.

0 Kudos
danbrady143
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the vSphere client instaled on my desktop, that's how I've been managing my VM's. So vCenter isn't an actual app..it's just vSphere, then?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vCenter is used to manage your VI and is a separate product and cost. vSphere4 is the suite name, which consists of 3 main components; vCenter, vSphere4 Client, and ESX4(i)

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/vsphere_pricing.pdf

danbrady143
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos