VMware Cloud Community
awliste
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How default VMHost is selected

Howdy.

Just a generic question I can't seem to find the answer to.

I'm working with a client in an odd network configuration. Some hosts are routable to (network A), others are not (due to security constraints). All hosts are managed by a vCenter 4.1 host that has access to appropriate networks for all hosts. The domain had a massive failure and vCenter required a rebuild - in the past, clients on network A could upload to the datastores directly through vCenter without problems - I cannot confirm, but I believe it was during this time that the 'default esxi host' that vCenter was passing their connection off to was one that was routable. Now, clients cannot upload to the datastores as they used to, and I think this is because vCenter is handing the connection off to a host that does not have a clean path to the client.

My question is two fold really - how does vCenter select a 'default VMhost'? And how can I change that value?

The standard issue 902/903/443/80 ports are all open and verified. I just need vCenter to hand off to the right hosts.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

- Abe

Integritas!

Abe Lister

Just some guy that loves to virtualize

==============================

Ain't gonna lie. I like points. If what I'm saying is something useful to you, consider sliding me some points for it!

Integritas! Abe Lister Just some guy that loves to virtualize ============================== Ain't gonna lie. I like points. If what I'm saying is something useful to you, consider sliding me some points for it!
0 Kudos
0 Replies