VMware Cloud Community
RonenTeva
Contributor
Contributor

How can I use das.isolationaddress?

Hi,

I have configured HA cluster and I would like to set das.isolationaddress but I couldn't find where.

Any help will be very appreaciated.

Ronen.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mbrkic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can specify advanced options under "Edit Settings..." of the cluster, then select HA, and then click "Advanced Options" button.

0 Kudos
Ronen_Teva
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

Should I write das.isolationaddress or das.isolationresponse? what is the difference between them?

Is there any way of checking that the HA cluster really works? (besides plugging off one of my server? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
conyards
Expert
Expert

use das.isolationaddress.

you can check HA but spoffing a failure of the service console, run the following command from the COS;

esxcfg-vswif -D \{case sensitive}

this will disable COS networking. When you've run your tests run the following command to bring it back online;

esxcfg-vswif -E

Simon

https://virtual-simon.co.uk/
0 Kudos
mbrkic
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I don't know what das.isolationresponse parameter is.

Also, we had some trouble getting the das.isolationaddress to work properly. I think we ended up setting it in the advanced properties of a VM, and then we had trouble taking it out (had to edit it out of the vmx file manually).

Unless your router does not respond to ICMP or is not reliable, I would not mess with this parameter. At one point I tried to figure out where it ends up in the Legato AAM configs, but it seemed quite convoluted.

Does anyone out there have a doc on the configuration of the AAM cluster that they an share? I wonder how much configuration change (if any) would be supported by VMware.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

There is no parameter called das.isolationresponse. You can specify the isolation response for a VM (power-off on host isolation, or leave powered-on on host isolation) through the Cluster->Edit Settings->VMware HA->Virtual Machine Options.

das.isolationaddress is specified through the Cluster->Edit Settings->VMware HA->Advanced Options. You specify that as the option name, and an ip address as the value.

By default, your service console default gateway is used as an isolation address.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The das.isolationaddress is a cluster HA Advanced Options property. It was mistakenly mentioned in the Advanced properties for a VM in the doc. That is a doc bug.

0 Kudos
Ronen_Teva
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help...

0 Kudos