VMware Cloud Community
Saad_Smart
Contributor
Contributor

How Do this Scenario?

if i have  a cluster or group of vms and i need to track growth of vms size  which is helping me to determine the traffic size when need to backup these vms to DR site.

can I do this scenario by vRop ?

If yes ,How i can do?

If No , Which Tool can do that ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jburen
Expert
Expert

I suppose you could just use powercli to create a list of your vms with the disk size. But vROps would do the trick as well.

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
Saad_Smart
Contributor
Contributor

How can calculate the growth of vms size by vRops ? can you expalin this by steps?

0 Kudos
jburen
Expert
Expert

With vROps you can do disk monitoring in percentages. So for instance, alert when the disks are 90% full. But that is only a point in time trigger. But if I'm honest I don't understand your question. At least I think I don't. Do you want to report on the disk size? Or do you want to see how much GB you have to move to the DR site? Maybe this gives you some insights: https://michaelryom.dk/vrops-symptoms-alerts-disk-usage/?doing_wp_cron=1561129519.206541061401367187...

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
normalguy1234
Contributor
Contributor

Take a look at the What-If analysis feature in vrops. This might help you.

What-If Analysis - Workload

0 Kudos
Saad_Smart
Contributor
Contributor

I want to make a report in vrops which you run against a datastore, and it would display storage growth per VM over a historical time span, for example 1 day or just a couple of hours.

0 Kudos