VMware Cloud Community
escapem2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Host hardware temperature status alarm

hi guys

vCenter 4.1 update 1

Is there a guy to set this alarm to something more realistic like numbers instead of normal h- warning - alert since I don't know which values is vmware taking into account

Can I change this?

is there some documentation about this kind of alarms since I am not able to find

temperature.png

thanks a lot

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

escapem2 wrote:

I am the admin of my  vCeanter the issue is I dont know how to handle that alarm in the sense that vmware set normal - warning .- critical and I don't know if normal is 27 Centigrades and critical 70 centigrades....so is there a way to manage this?

Alarm Settings – Triggers tab
vcenter > alarm > definitions > edit
State triggers are set off as soon as a state threshold or condition is achieved. You cannot define condition lengths for state alarms.
look this guide www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_40_admin_guide.pdf its of 4.0 but works to you know how customize.
*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

With administrator privilegies you can create, edit or delete any trigger.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101802...

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
escapem2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am the admin of my  vCeanter the issue is I dont know how to handle that alarm in the sense that vmware set normal - warning .- critical and I don't know if normal is 27 Centigrades and critical 70 centigrades....so is there a way to manage this?

any documentation

or the only way is to just enable the alarm and set my email to get the temperature alarms?

thanks

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

escapem2 wrote:

Alarm Settings – Triggers tab
vcenter > alarm > definitions > edit
State triggers are set off as soon as a state threshold or condition is achieved. You cannot define condition lengths for state alarms.
look this guide www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40/vsp_40_admin_guide.pdf its of 4.0 but works to you know how customize.
0 Kudos