VMware Cloud Community
HarisB
Contributor
Contributor

Host Profile does not contain iSCSI configuration?

Hi all,

I have just upgraded my vcenter server / client to 4.0 and a couple of my ESX 3.5i to ESX4.0i, seems good so far (PXE booting, no local disks, 2 shared iSCSI volumes). I'm stuck on host profiles thing though : I have one host configured with all the options and now want to replicate the settings over to the other. However the profile doesn't contain any iSCSI info - no target, no devices / LUNS, it won't even enable iSCSI adapter under storage. All I see when I edit host profile under Storage configuration is "NFS storage configuration" and I don't use NFS at all.

Am I missing something obvious here? I can't imagine VMware skipped iSCSI configuration in Host Profiles?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aenagy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm getting the same result too.

The host I use to create the profile definately can see the iSCSI storage, but as I look under 'Network Configuration' > 'vNetwork Distributed Switch' > 'Host virtual NIC' > 'IP_Storage : IP_Storage-iSCSI_dvPortGroup' (the vDS I created) > 'Services for the virtual NIC' there is no option listed for 'vmkernel' or 'iscsi'. I get prompted for a VMotion and FT IP address when applying a profile to a freshly built host, but no prompt for a vmkernel/iSCSI IP address.

Under 'Storage configuration' there is an entry for 'NFS storage configuration', but no mention of iSCSI.

Stange.

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a known issue that iSCSI configurations are not being captured with host profiles, I believe there are a few more things that don't get captured but the rest should work.

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos