VMware Cloud Community
Nijeesh
Contributor
Contributor

Host CPU - MHz, Host Mem - MB, and Guest Mem - % fields report a zero value in ESX/ESXi 5.1.0 hosts managed by vCenter Server 5.1.0

Out of 10 Host 5 esxi host are not showing CPU/Host Memory performance states. All ten ESXi 5.1.0 hosts managed by vCenter Server 5.1.0

Any suggestions on this.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - How many VMs are running on these hosts - also you might want to post this question in VMware vCenter forum.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
Nijeesh
Contributor
Contributor

Each ESX host having 2 or 3 Virtual machine , Each virtual machine configured with 20 GB Memory and 4vCPU

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

If there is no load on the VMs you will not see a load on the host - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
Nijeesh
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual machine are running oh host and  it is using good amount of resource.

0 Kudos
Nijeesh
Contributor
Contributor

I am able to see the utilization once restart the management service on ESX server.

0 Kudos
KennyF
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

We're having the same issue (ESXi 5.1.0 and vCenter 5.1.0) and restarting the management services fixes it. However restarting the management services is clearly not a good enough fix for a production environment. Is this a bug that VMware is looking into fixing?

0 Kudos
SENNAF1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We're also having the same issue I am upgrading one host at a time from 4.1 to 5.1 on vCenter 5.1 and it has happeed on both ESXi versions.   I log into the host directly using the VMware client or console using esxtop and they both show the host using resources.   This is a big problem for me because when it show zero resources DRS starts to migrate all the VMs off to other hosts.  Last week it happed on 4 host and I started to see performance issues because all the VMs were vMotions to the other hosts.  Instead of reseting management it is easier for me to just disconnect and reconnect the host from vCenter.

VMware Please fix this.

0 Kudos