VMware Cloud Community
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Heartbeat volume question

We're running 1 vcenter 7.0 server with 3 hosts connected to Dell EQ storage. I want to whack a large datastore I no longer need, but it's one of 2 datastores the heartbeat decided to park on. Is there a way to nudge it off, or can I just remove the DS without any ill effects? There are several other DSs available.

I caused a ruckus years ago on the 5.x version when I removed a DS used by the heartbeat, so I don't want to repeat that. I suspect it's much more robust now, but don't want to assume anything.

Thanks.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Well, that was a lot easier than I was making it. I was thinking that I had to remove datastores from the list under Configure>vSphere Availability>Edit>Heartbeat Datastores, but I just had to check the boxes to limit which ones would be available.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Well, that was a lot easier than I was making it. I was thinking that I had to remove datastores from the list under Configure>vSphere Availability>Edit>Heartbeat Datastores, but I just had to check the boxes to limit which ones would be available.

0 Kudos