VMware Cloud Community
epic7
Contributor
Contributor

HOW to restore a pached VCSA from Backup ?

HI,HOW to restore a pached VCSA from Backup ?

My VCSA Backup ver is 7.0.2.00400,

When I use  vCenter Server Appliance installer to restore VCSA from that file-based Backup ,

The installer note   'The restore process requires that both the installer and backup versions are identical. Launch the installer that corresponds with version VC-7.0U2c' .

THE VMware Doc tells me 'If you are restoring a backup from a product that has a vCenter Server product patch applied, you must download the ISO of that particular patch. '

Stage 1 - Deploy a New Appliance (vmware.com)

I download that  pach ISO, but How to use it ?  Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
fabio1975
Commander
Commander

Ciao 

if I understand correctly you have a backup to a certain version of vCenter and you want to restore it ... and you have to use the iso of that version.

Try this 

How to Restore vCenter Server 7.0 VCSA - XpertsTec

Fabio

Visit vmvirtual.blog
If you're satisfied give me a kudos

0 Kudos
epic7
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you,

but ,my Bcakup ver is 7.0.2.00400,because I install the patch  'VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-7.0.2.00400-18356314-patch-FP.iso' 

and the PATCH ISO do not have 'vcsa-ui-installer'  in it . like the attachment 'list.txt'.

I install VCSA by use 'VMware-VCSA-all-7.0.2-17920168.iso', my VC ver is '7.0.2.00100'.

then I install the patch 'VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-7.0.2.00400-18356314-patch-FP.iso', my VC ver is '7.0.2.00400', 。

then I Make a backup. 

NOW I want to restore  the Bcakup.

I can not use 'VMware-VCSA-all-7.0.2-17920168.iso' to restore,because the ver is different.

but the patch ISO do not have THE 'installer',that is my question.

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

VMware released on 8/24  the VCSA 7.0.u2c named VMware-VCSA-all-7.0.2-18356314.iso

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/downloads/details?downloadGroup=VC70U2C&productId=974&rPId=73345

This Version matched to the version of your VCSA backup.  A restore is part of the installation process of a new VCSA. It doesnt work like installation of a VCSA, applying pachtes and than import the old backup.

Regards,
Joerg

epic7
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
CarmineVxlan
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar issue however vmware has removed all iso's for the version of my backup.

I am trying to restore vcsa ver 7.0.3.00200 aka vcenter 7.0 update 3b

I downloaded and licensed my environment through vmug advantage program so no support is included. I had a very complex lab setup as this was the base for a multi tenant cloud lab.

my vcsa boots however many services fail to start and i receive a slew of errors when I try to manually start them. Web interface does not work either. 

I just need the vcsa 7.0.3.00200 iso and I can restore from my file backup then update to newer version. I have tried asking for help in many other places including vmware support however they do not recognize VMUG Advantage evalexperience, I do not blame them as it clearly states it comes with no support however I am not asking for tech support. This one .iso that was taken down could literally get my entire environment restored. Please can someone help?

This is my first post and I was not sure if I should have started a new thread, please excuse my ignorance.

Thank you,

Carmine Bufano

The only thing I know is that I know nothing, and I am not quite sure that I know that.
0 Kudos