VMware Cloud Community
NeverAmazed
Contributor
Contributor

HELP - Certificate set to expire.

Hello all, I am running VCenter 6.5 standard and the license is set to expire on 16 Nov 2020, I have tried to renew it with no luck. Any assistance would be welcome as I am NOT savvy in the ESX arena.

NeverAmazed_0-1605287734738.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please create threads in the area for the product used - moved to vCenter Server Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Is this a license or a certificate? I know of no certificates which expire 3 months after generation. If you're talking about a license, there's nothing we can do for you here. What type of license is this, exactly?

0 Kudos
NeverAmazed
Contributor
Contributor

This is a certificate. What is happening is, when I upload the new ROOT Cert it tells me it did but when I open the "details" it is still the same experation date.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey @NeverAmazed,

I presume this certificate you are talking about is your Machine SSL certificate. If so, you can renew it by using certificate-manager by login using SSH into the vCenter Server Appliance: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.psc.doc/GUID-41B3B37E-5C48-4333-BA3F-5A00B3...