VMware Cloud Community
humanxbox
Contributor
Contributor

HA error message: could not reach isolation address none specified.. -- We use no gateway address

Hi

I have setup a lab for DRS, HA and vmotion with VC 2.5 and esx server 3.5 for demo purpose

For both servers i have 2 static ip + subnet mask, we do not use any gateway (it´s al internal traffic- network admin decision) I have added both server to VC 2.5 without any problems.. I have created a cluster and added the 2 esxserver to this cluster and activated HA and DRS. but in the summary page (in VC) i see HA error message:; "could not reach isolation address none specified" This is normal because gateway is left blank. How can setup a "fake" gateway or virtual gateway address so that HA works correclty???

please help

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ctfoster
Expert
Expert

For test purposes can't you just use the ip address of the host as the gateway - gets something in the box and it will ping.

0 Kudos
Anders_Gregerse
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I had the same problem, right clicking on the host and selecting the reconfigure HA solved the problem. Also disable and then enable HA as another solution.

0 Kudos
ctfoster
Expert
Expert

The best bet would be to find some gash old PC/laptop to hold the address. Just for the purposes of testing the isolation response, it'll work fine.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Service COncole Gateway is used to detremine if ahost is isolated - to fake it I would just use the IP address of on of the service consoles -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos