VMware Cloud Community
firstamb
Contributor
Contributor

HA agent has and error

'HA agent on xx.xx.xx.xx in cluster Home servers in Home datacetner has an error: Cannot complete the HA configuration'

This is what I am seeing when I came into work this morning. Tried researching it, but all others issues I am reading on are dealing with new hosts being added. This host has been here for over a year, and all of a sudden I saw my VM migrating to new Hosts (which is good) but now I have no idea on where to start to remedy this problem.

I have tried to us the reconfigure for VMware HA command, but that fails as well. Any ideas?

Oscar

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

can you restart the management agents on the ESX(i) Host in question?

0 Kudos
firstamb
Contributor
Contributor

With shame in asking, how do I go about doing that?

0 Kudos
firstamb
Contributor
Contributor

Ok after that, I rebooted the Host, it came back up with the same error showing.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please check the disk space on th host df -h

André

Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

...also ensure there have been no changes in name resolution within the enviornment.  If using DNS, check the host records to see if they are setup properly.

0 Kudos
firstamb
Contributor
Contributor

32% and above on all but 2. /var/log and /esx3-installation/var/log both are at 5%

0 Kudos
firstamb
Contributor
Contributor

Look at my DNS settings, and its looks all correct. Entry is there, nothing is changed or different on the config of the Host.

This is really strange!

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I guess the next question I would ask myself is "what changed?"  You can also go through the article below for a possible deeper dive

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1001596

0 Kudos
firstamb
Contributor
Contributor

I am still unsure as to why this started happening all of a sudden, but here was my issue/resolution.

My host was going into standby mode due to the VMware DRS Power Management. Why it started this past weekend, which is still unknown, I have no clue. I had to turn off the Power Management feature on the cluster to stop it from going into standby mode. Next to resolve the HA issue, I unchecked Turn On VMware HA, and let it unregister, then I rechecked it and everything is working ok, as of now. Thanks for all your help guys.

0 Kudos