VMware Cloud Community
squebel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HA agent error every 10 minutes?

We added a 4th node to our cluster last week and everything seems just fine. I'm able to run virtual machines without problems and vmotion and DRS appears to work just fine as well. However, there's one problem...

Ever 10 minutes I get the dreaded "HA agent has an error message". The error is resolved on its own without any interaction from any of us. I've checked all the DNS entries in the HOSTS file and made sure they are there. I've looked at the logs and can't find anything major.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Any suggestions? Only thing I have not done yet is to stop HA across the entire cluster and then re-enable it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VirtualNoitall
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello,

Can you confirm there are no communication issues between your new HA host and the rest of the cluster nodes?

You have removed the machine from the cluster and added it back?

You have right clicked on the host and clicked reconfigure for HA?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VirtualNoitall
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello,

Can you confirm there are no communication issues between your new HA host and the rest of the cluster nodes?

You have removed the machine from the cluster and added it back?

You have right clicked on the host and clicked reconfigure for HA?

0 Kudos
squebel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Communication between all hosts is successful.

I have not removed the host from the cluster and added it back in yet.

I did (a couple of hours ago) reconfig for HA on this host and it appears that the errors have stopped. I had done that before at least once or twice. Apparently this time it has worked.

I will continue to monitor to see if the problem comes back. PITA.

0 Kudos
snantel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have exactly the same issue. But me, every 5 minutes with my hbm-esx05.

I have 5 servers in the same cluster. I had this issue since I push the 05/15/07 patches.

I did a couples of reconfigure HA on it without any success.

I also successfully did vmotion from this server.

But in the events task, every 5 minutes I have an error message that say HA Agent has an error...

0 Kudos
spham68
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have the similar issue but not as often as every 10 minutes? How is the service console vmotion network configure? Using the same nic teaming?

I am running esx3.5 with update 1 and all post update 1 patches and virtualcenter 2.5 with update 1.

Thx,

Steve

0 Kudos