VMware Cloud Community
alexmoore83
Contributor
Contributor

HA Single Sign On Deployment with VCSA 5.1?

I'd like to setup my Single Sign On deployment for vCenter 5.1 in an HA fashion, and I'm also keen to use the vCenter Server Appliance for the Single Sign On service.

However the only documentation I can find describing HA for Single Sign On seems to be specific to the Windows version. There isn't any explicit mention that an HA SSO deployment isn't possible with the appliance, but I'm beginning to suspect that's the case. Can anyone confirm, or is such a setup actually possible (and if so, how)?

I did see mention that VCSA 5.1 is incompatible with vCenter Heartbeat, but that's not the same as HA SSO, so I was hopeful the latter would still be possible.

By the way, my main drivers for preferring the appliance are: (a) avoiding the need for multiple additional Windows Server licenses (b) a presumed decrease in complexity (and hence less room for problems to arise) in terms of a tailored linux appliance versus a full blown windows install needing regular OS patches etc (but perhaps this is a little naiive, not having had much experience with VCSA thus far...). I think my desired setup at this stage (if possible) would be a pair of appliances running HA SSO, and a pair of appliances running the web client, but keeping vCenter + Inventory service on Windows.

0 Kudos
0 Replies