VMware Cloud Community
shatztal
Contributor
Contributor

HA Error: "Cannot complete the configuration of the HA Agent on the host: Other HA config error

Hello,

i have an vSphere Cluster with 20 Esx's, all of them are 4.1.1 and work fine.

We got new Servers that are with FCoe Cards as opose to the others that are FC cards.

i Installed the Esx and configured everything with the Host Profile and everything looks ok, but the problem is

when i put the Esx in the Cluster it gives the Error "HA Error: "Cannot complete the configuration of the HA Agent on the host: Other HA config error"

if i move a VM to this esx when it is shutdown and then Power ON the vm it works ok but cannot make any vMotion and also of course Online vmotion cannot happend.

need adivce cause i am out of ideas. i tried everything i know and don't know from papers.

didn't find any log that indicates what exactly is .

i tried to create new cluster and put the New Esx in There and it works fine,maybe the Master Esx is not ok?

I think  maybe the Cluster is corrupted but is there any whay to reconfigure the Cluster itself and not create a new one?

cause it will be a big problem.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
arturka
Expert
Expert

Hi

1. Verify DNS configuration, new host has solve old hosts via host name and FQDN
  2. disable HA on whole cluster and enable it back
  3. Does new host is in this same IP range like old hosts ?
  4. are you able to ping old hosts from new host and vice versa (ping or vmkping host name and FQDN) ?

VCDX77 My blog - http://vmwaremine.com
shatztal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response , Of course everything you wrote i tried before , i found out what was the problem .

The Cluster was Corrupted somwhow and some servers thought ESX1 was the Master and some thought ESX2 was the master , because of that the cluster got crazy Smiley Happy

i disabled the cluster on all and enabled it again and the everyone tried to register to the same one , now it looks like everything is ok.

hope it will stay like that.

0 Kudos