VMware Cloud Community
jslarouche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HA Agent failure Notification

Does anyone know how to setup a HA Agent failure notification? Not getting much help from technical support.. Can someone provide me with any inof would be great thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
peterro
Contributor
Contributor

It's been a while since this was asked and I don't have an answer. We have had issues where some of the ESX hosts are sitting in an error state where HA needs to be reconfigured on an individual host which generally resolves the problem. This week, we had a couple of hosts that were going in and out of an error state related to HA and it seems that a full disable/re-enable of HA on the cluster level would have cleared this up.

In any case, what I'd like is either a command line utility from the service console that will tell me if a host is in this error state or if there is a cluster alarm that can be defined to notify us of a host in this state.

This is causing real issues and I'd rather configure monitors in advance of a problem than rely on going through the VI client and have to manually see that there is a problem.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
dmitrif
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm looking at this too, but entirely from the API.

There is the "configIssue" property on a host (HostSystem Managed Object) that is a part of the cluster that has HA problem.

If you'd retrieve this collection of Event[] type, is would list "HostDasErrorEvent" event that informs that HA agent has an error.

Unfortunately, the reason for the error is available only since vSphere API 4.0 and I'd like to figure it out in VI API 2.5.

Hope this helps.

D.
0 Kudos