VMware Cloud Community
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HA Agent disabled on Host in HA/DRS Cluster

I've just inserted an ESX3.5Up2 host into an existing HA/DRS cluster. In the Summary Tab of my VC host, I see this message:

HA Agent disabled on in cluster

Other than that there are no alarms or indications of issues. What does this mean and how can I solve it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WinkIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Make sure that the hostname (Configuration, DNS and Routing) is correct, and not in all caps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JonRoderick
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Check the Events tab for the host first - anything obvious in there.

Then make sure all your requirements for HA are met; same shared storage, same networking (especially vmotion network) etc

If this is all ok, use the 'reconfigure for HA' option (right click the host - near the bottom of the drop-down menu).

Try those to start.

Jon

0 Kudos
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for replying back.

Event log....nothing

checked network configuration and all settings to include vMotion are set correctly on the same subnet. Even performed vmotion of VMs to confirm

Tried Reconfig HA

still same

0 Kudos
WinkIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Make sure that the hostname (Configuration, DNS and Routing) is correct, and not in all caps.

0 Kudos
malaysiavm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

http://malaysiavm.com/blog/high-availability-ha-and-drs-in-esx/

try this

Malaysia VMware Communities -

Craig vExpert 2009 & 2010 Netapp NCIE, NCDA 8.0.1 Malaysia VMware Communities - http://www.malaysiavm.com
0 Kudos
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

all match what other Hosts have....and, those hosts are working fine

0 Kudos
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Right on. I didn't even notice........the host was all CAPS while the others were lower case. Once I made it lower....worked. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos