VMware Cloud Community
weemandan
Contributor
Contributor

Guided consolidation errors

Hi,

I am getting a mixture of error messages whilst trying to use guided consolidation:

• Partial data recieved from the computer in the last collection attempt

• Bad credentials supplied or insufficient privelege

I'm certain the credentials are correct as the CPU info is returned after a couple of minutes but leaving the analysis for longer I get the second message. Could somone point out the process I should see running on the physical machine so I can check that is running.

FYI the physical machine is a Win 2000 box.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The Bad Credentials error is due to the service account (that's running the VMWareCollector Provider and VMWare Collector Services) not having local admin rights to the box you are doing the collection on.

The partial data error... I'm getting that one also, only on 1 system out of 40. I'm chalking it up to just too old of a system (over 10yrs).

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
Fezo
Contributor
Contributor

I also got this error,

"Partial data received from the computer in the last collection attempt". Its an HP ML370 Server running windows 2000 Advanced server. The server has been running for over 5yrs now and just acquire new VMware.

Does this mean that the machine is too old to be consildated in VMware??

0 Kudos