VMware Cloud Community
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor

Guest Memory is equal to host memory

Hi,

After installing antivirus in Win 8 machines, guest memory usage has been equal to the host memory. (image attached)

This is causing some serious issues as I can't login in VM. As soon as I supply login credentials, VM just get restart before preparing desktop.

I am also getting an Alarm as VM Memory Usage.

Please help

Thanks

Ashish

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

It looks like it consumes all 2Gb that it has been allocated, maybe the antivirus-software is using it?

Either give the machine more memory or uninstall the antivirus software.

2Gb for a Windows8 machine is a bit on the low side anyway...

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I also thought same, but the thing is that I have 10 VM with same conf and same OS. Out of 10 only 3 are having this problem. I can't login in side VM in any way to view running process or uninstall the antivirus, because VM get restart before preparing desktop.

Thanks

Ashish

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I don't have a Windows 8 system to test this at the moment, but you may want to see whether you can use the tasklist command from another system to see which tasks are consuming resources!? (taskkill can be used to kill tasks)

André

0 Kudos
06dragon
Contributor
Contributor

I used task list, and PS Exec as well. But couldn't succeed.  Those VM have gone out of network because of this.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Try to boot the OS in safe mode.

So to be clear, the machines worked fine without any issues and then you installed antivirus and then the problem appeared?

Any other changes from the known working state to the current state?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos