VMware Cloud Community
myjess1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For want of a better place to ask this...... Ready value of the CPU's

ESX 3.0.2.
Where do I see the Ready value of the CPU's. I thought it was esxtop or maybe the graphs in VirtualCenter, but I cannot see anything that states Ready Percentage or ready value. Has something superseded this from ESX2.5?
Thanks all.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sradnidge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, also beware that unless you increase the default Statistics Collection Level of VirtualCenter (Administration -> VC Mgmnt Server Config -> Statistics), you wont get any history of ready time. I believe you need at least Level 3 for that, which is not recommended for long term use as per !

I find that a bit annoying personally... if someone reports VM perf issues on Monday but no one actually looks at it until Tuesday, they won't have any idea what was happening at the time of the perf issue. In ESX 2.5.x you could just look at the web interface of the host.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
myjess1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i found out it is in esxtop, but my esxtop does not show all by the looks of it. I wil investigate more, no need to answer.
0 Kudos
sradnidge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, also beware that unless you increase the default Statistics Collection Level of VirtualCenter (Administration -> VC Mgmnt Server Config -> Statistics), you wont get any history of ready time. I believe you need at least Level 3 for that, which is not recommended for long term use as per !

I find that a bit annoying personally... if someone reports VM perf issues on Monday but no one actually looks at it until Tuesday, they won't have any idea what was happening at the time of the perf issue. In ESX 2.5.x you could just look at the web interface of the host.

0 Kudos
myjess1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at esxtop via the console which does not display all columns as the console resolution is not good enough.

I was able to look at this via ssh and widen the display and reduce the font size in putty, and remove the other fields in esxtop.

Does anyone know of anyway to bring %RDY to the left hand side of the esxtop display. I cannot seem to find anything in esxtop that allows this.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos