VMware Cloud Community
ToMonkey
Contributor
Contributor

First Time VCentre Server Intsall Help.

OK I have installed the free version of ESXi, I used the vsphere client and can connect and have created 3 VM's on the ESxi server (Version 4)

Yesterday I purchased the vsphere essentials product from the web site as I was told I would be better to use vCenter Manager so I downloaded all the software and have installed the lot, the only issue is where are the links to the server manager, there are lots of other items standalone converter, vsphere client, generate logs, tomcat etc etc but no vcentre server manager.

Where is it and what do I do with it, I have been looking at the videos and that tells me to go into infrastructure client. well that doesn't exist either the only thing I have is vsphere client which I had any way for free.

Can anyone help me? I don't know what I've bough as the sites not that clear, I purchased for the manager software and the backup components which I have downloaded but have no idea what to do next. Do i need to upgrade the ESXi or what.

Help!!!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Zarra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello:

When you install the package "Vcenter Server 4", with the vsphere client you must connect to the server where you has installed vcenter.

ToMonkey
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded the fileVMWare-VIMSetup-all-4.0.0-264050.zip and installed all programs from this in the order they were detailed in the autorun. vCenter Manager was first.

The only item that lets me manage the VM's is the vsphere client. I installed nothing through this client. Simply everything from the ZIP.

0 Kudos
KamilAzmer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

To install vCenter, you must have windows server either 2003 or 2008, and also to install MS SQL Express/ 2005/2008. Then you can install the file from .zip it's will be installed the vCenter.

Please look to vCenter Installation guide.

@ -- visit my blog at http://www.azmer.my -- @ virtue your mind @ KamilAzmer
0 Kudos
ToMonkey
Contributor
Contributor

I unerstand now, I have connected and am setting up thank you very much.

0 Kudos