VMware Cloud Community
phyberport
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Filter or Search For VM's

Is there a way to search or apply a filter within virtual center to easily find a VM?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

on the Virtual Machines tab, there is a search feature at the right which says (Name, State, Host or Guest OS contains). Also you could click on the name tab and sort ascending or descending.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

on the Virtual Machines tab, there is a search feature at the right which says (Name, State, Host or Guest OS contains). Also you could click on the name tab and sort ascending or descending.

0 Kudos
phyberport
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ahh, thanks dude. Hiding right in front of my face. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

There is also a good tool you can use www.vkernel.com SearchMyVMs its pretty slick if you have hundreds of VMs.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
nareshsharma
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Troy,

Can I find multiple VMs using this way from Vi Client. I mean (ServerA+ServerB+ServerC) to search the selected VMs ?

Thanks

0 Kudos