VMware Cloud Community
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

Failed to Power on there are not enough licenses

hi when i power on my virtual machine i get this error on my vc server

Failed to Power on there are not enough licenses

Please suggect me the solution as this is my critical production server.

Ravi
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
elgordojimenez
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Ravi,

Licenses for esx hosts are given by CPU, are you running this from Virtual Center or just VI Client?. There is a grace period and after it expires, you wont be able to power on vms until a license is applied.

**** If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful ****
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

USing the VMware License tool confirm if the license file is getting loaded properly and the license server is running- this is installed on the VC Server itself - and check the licensing with the VI Client

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
elgordojimenez
Contributor
Contributor

yeah weinstein is right. Also it depends if you are using a license server or a license file locally on the VIC server.

**** If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful ****
0 Kudos
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

after checking the licsense server i found licsense server was not properly reading the license file . i rectify the issue by top start and reread the lic file and after that issue got resolved

thanks for support

Ravi
0 Kudos
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply.

Ravi
0 Kudos