VMware Cloud Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Failed to Import Data - ESXi 4.1 Update 1 Bundle Update Manager

I am trying to import the update bundle to my vc server in order to update esxi 4.1 to update 1. vcenter is already updated to the newest release update as is Update Manager.

Im not sure what Im doing wrong or what Im missing. I have tried both the zip and the iso. They both results in the same error. Saying cannot verify checksum data for imported upgrade file, yada, yada, yada...

I wanted to add, I have reviewed the kb article and the time stamp is actually shown as correct in the package so I am really at a loss.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

from vCenter go to Home--Solutions and Applications--Update Manager--Configuration Tab--Patch Download Settings--Click on the hyperlink that says "Import Patches", and see what happens.

Also, for what it's worth, you don't need to import the zip/ISO to go to U1, just set a patch baseline, and U1 will be in that patch baseline.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

from vCenter go to Home--Solutions and Applications--Update Manager--Configuration Tab--Patch Download Settings--Click on the hyperlink that says "Import Patches", and see what happens.

Also, for what it's worth, you don't need to import the zip/ISO to go to U1, just set a patch baseline, and U1 will be in that patch baseline.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That worked thanks

I had scanned earlier without importing the patch as you suggested and it did not detect anything. However I think this is because I had not yet updated vc to the most recent build.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

vCenter should always go first, along with it's modules.  So, I would update vCenter and it's modules before moving to the ESXi Updates.

0 Kudos