VMware Cloud Community
SirOracle
Contributor
Contributor

Failed task never ends in Recent Task in Infrastructure Client

Hi,

I tried to remove a ServiceConsole port from a ESX Server (3.5.0 64607) under Configuration -> Networking in the Infrastructure Client (2.5.0 84767), but the task failed, I think the error message was that it was in use. I had created a new ServiceConsole port on another virtual switch wich I was using, but I thought that some connections was left on the first ServiceConsole Port, so I restarted the ESX-server, and I got it removed and all works fine now.

But in the Recent Tasks list at the bottom of the Infrastructure Client the task with the name "Remove Service Console Virtual NIC" is still there, In Progress, and I can't cancel it, because if I right click the task the Cancel entry is greyed out.

Does anyone have any idea of how I can remove this task? As I said everything works fine, but it's very annoying that the task sits there In Progress all the time.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

the task might be complete but your ESX host might not have fully updated the VI Client - restart the management agen - service vmware-mgmt restart

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
SirOracle
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks weinstein5!

I thought you first ment the VirtualCenter server, so I restarted that server, but while waiting for the restart I realised that you ment a service on the ESX-server. The restart of the VirtualCenter-server however did the trick, so thanks for your post and that I misunderstood it Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

np -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos