VMware Cloud Community
StevenLamb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error when loading VMWare vSphere Client

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to the VMWare world and have just experienced my first problem.

My system was installed by a 3rd party vendor that, due to uncontrolable circumstatnces, is not accessible at this time. So, I'm attempting to see if anyone might have a resolution for me.

I'm using ESX 4. When I open the vSphere Client application and enter my login credentials, I receive the following slew of errors:

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

VMware Remote Console unrecoverable error: (player)

SSLLoadSharedLibrary: Failed to load library libeay32.dll:126

The last error writes a dump file.

This application has always worked flawlessly. The problem started while I was on a business trip last week. I'm suspecting that some type of update (Microsoft, Java, etc.) is probably what is causing this issue.

I tried re-registering the dll files but it didn't make a difference. I would love to re-install the application as suggested, but I'm currently unable to locate that download on VMware's site.

I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions or possibly the location of the downloads?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Open a web browser and enter the address of the ESX host or vCenter - that will take you to a page where you can download the client

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Open a web browser and enter the address of the ESX host or vCenter - that will take you to a page where you can download the client

0 Kudos
StevenLamb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When I enter the IP address of that server (192.168.0.230) into a web browser, i get a Welcome to IIS7 Internet Information Services page. Clicking anywhere on the page takes me to iis.net.

I was hoping that would solve the issue, but unfortunately it didn't.

Thanks for you suggestion.

Steve

0 Kudos
StevenLamb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry, my mistake. I was pointing to the wrong server (should have been 220). I'm at the welcome screen and will try to download and reinstall the application. I'll let you know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks again,

Steve

0 Kudos
StevenLamb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you! The download and reinstalled corrected all the issues.

Steve

0 Kudos
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Good stuff - please award points.

0 Kudos