VMware Cloud Community
Mikeluff
Contributor
Contributor

Error enabling HA ESX3i

H,

I have just re-build my two host test cluster with ESX3i. At the same time we have moved the VMotion connections onto a dedicated VLAN which is not-routed with the rest of the network and uses just a private address.

When I now try and enable HA I get "The error configuration of host IP address is inconsistent"

I read that changes in Update 2 changed the way HA worked and that it now uses VCEN instead of local host file for HA. Is there a way that I can resolve this issue without moving the VMotion connections back onto the normal network?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ensure that all settings for Vmotion are correct, IP address etc.... and then disable the switch port for Vmotion and re-enable it. Many times after making any changes, the VMotion switchport seems to go into a "weird" state and disabling and re-enabling seems to work. There is an open SR with VMWare on this.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
Mikeluff
Contributor
Contributor

All settings appear to be correct, still no joy.

I've re-started these hosts several times, disabled HA, re-enabled HA - deleted the cluster, created a new cluster still the same.

It's the VMotion address itself that it gives the error on.

0 Kudos
lmonaco
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try this:

0 Kudos