VMware Cloud Community
renski
Contributor
Contributor

Error connecting: Error creating ticket

I've created a new virtual machine, when I open the console and press the Play button I receive the following error:

"Error connecting: Error creating ticket. Do you want to try again"

Anyone know what that is ?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
rfauteux
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the \*exact* same problem, except the message pops up when I try to open the console. This occurs regardless of how the console is invoked (i.e. from the host directly via the VC client, or through VC2).

And it's just suddenly started this behavior...

So far no response from VMWare.

0 Kudos
renski
Contributor
Contributor

well I figured out what was causing the problem on mine... I had a second drive in the server that was running the 2.0 FS version. Upgraded the fs to 3.0 and not getting that error msg now.

0 Kudos
griese
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know this is dragging up an old post, but it's an exact match to what I was seeing. "Error connecting: Error creating ticket. Do you want to try again"

I don't have a good resolution. I can add that after rebooting my VI3 server, all was well. Not the optimal solution by any means so if anyone else has something better, please post.

Thanks,

Troy

0 Kudos
abosserelle
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Having the same problem, by restoring on a new ESX server VM backups made on another ESX Server.

Both ESX servers have the same configuration, same ESX version (3.0.1 build 32039), and same kind of Data Storage (vmfs 3.21)

Unfortunatly, Don't know how to fix it.

Still no response from VMWare so far ?

Smiley Sad

Alexandre 😎

0 Kudos
abosserelle
Contributor
Contributor

Ok guys,

I solved this issue in my environment...

Here is how (not sure it's related to that, but I give this hint):

\* in fact I renamed (changed the hostname) the ESX host where I restored several machines, but forgot to reboot the ESX Server => I'm pretty sure that is the origin of this issue, so...

... I just reboot the ESX server and now everything is fine (the new hostname is valid and I can access to my VM via the "Visual" Console)

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

Alexandre 😎

Message was edited by:

abosserelle

0 Kudos
BigBadJohnnyB
Contributor
Contributor

This error came out of the blue on a server that had been working perfectly fine - now all guests on my server have this error when opening a console session.

What gives? I cannot accept that rebooting makes this go away is the real answer - doesn't that defeat the purpose of having such a stable platform to host guest VM's on?

0 Kudos
BigBadJohnnyB
Contributor
Contributor

I HAVE THE FIX. (well, I don't possess it, but... ya know)

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/749640

Worked perfectly for me.

0 Kudos
mjdolan
Contributor
Contributor

I ran into the problem last night after running some OS updates on my Windows virtual machines (SBS 2003 R2 and Server Standard Edition 2003 R2). My client is connected into the same LAN as the host so NAT should not be a factor. Everything was working fine until I ran the updates.

The above fix still worked for me.

0 Kudos
rgines
Contributor
Contributor

The fix worked for me as well - gracias.

0 Kudos
howardcat
Contributor
Contributor

Worked for me to...

Here is the summary:

You might not be able to open a VI Client remote console.when your network is configured such that a NAT'd firewall stands between the ESX Server host and Virtual Infrastructure Client.

To work around this issue:

Log on to the ESX Server host's service console as root.

Edit /etc/vmware/config. Add the following line:

vmauthd.server.alwaysProxy = "TRUE"

Issue the following command to restart xinetd:

service xinetd restart

This issue will be fixed for future versions of ESX Server and VirtualCenter.

0 Kudos
amnesiax2009
Contributor
Contributor

Had this problem earlier as well. All i did was free up some space on the esx server (iso images were taking up a lot of space in /vmimages) and all consoles were visible from the client again.

0 Kudos