VMware Cloud Community
vmwaredimetroni
Contributor
Contributor

Error after update Virtual Center to Update 2.

Hi guys!

After install update 2 patch for virtual center 2.5 with update 1 installed, now when we log on into virtual center through vi client, we can´t not see any server in our datacenter, vi client shows the first time that you launch this application, show messages with add new datacenter, etc...

Any ideas to recover it?? I did a sql database backup and i restored it, but problem is still happen.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gary1012
Expert
Expert

I'd remove VirtualCenter and reinstall it. Be sure to select the "Use existing database server" option and fill in the DSN information (db name, UID, password). Make sure this account has dbo over the VC db, msdb and tempdb. Walk through the rest of the install. You'll probably see a number of warnings about the db upgrading the schema. Those are normal. Also, you should see an option to preserve existing events, tasks and performance data.

Community Supported, Community Rewarded - Please consider marking questions answered and awarding points to the correct post. It helps us all.
vmwaredimetroni
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your help.

i´m going to uninstall virtual center and install again check the points that you comments.

0 Kudos
vmwaredimetroni
Contributor
Contributor

Works fine!!

With re-install sotware, now virtual center works fine with our data infraestructure, but now we have another issue with update manager, database was succesfully update and metadata are correct, but when i scan esx servers for updates i had the next error:

0 Kudos