VMware Cloud Community
BSRKrishna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error: Fault.NicSettingMismatch.Summary

HI All,

While deploying vritaul machine from template i am getting the follwoing error

"Fault.NicSettingMismatch.Summary"

Any body know the resolution plz share it .

Thanks & Regards,

BSR krishna

Thanks & Regards, BSR Krishna If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
8 Replies
FranckRookie
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

Do you have any special NIC configuration in this template? If you try to deploy a VM from this template without customizing it, does it work?

Good luck.

Regards

Franck

0 Kudos
GreatWhiteTec
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Make sure that both the template and the new VM have the correct OS identified. You have to convert the template to a VM to check this setting.

A+, DCSE, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, MCDBA, NCDA, VCP4

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful.

0 Kudos
bbabaei
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone have an anwser to this questions?  I am getting the same error.  I have checked the settings of the NIC and everything looks fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

BB

0 Kudos
FranckRookie
Leadership
Leadership

From http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vc-sdk/visdk25pubs/ReferenceGuide/vim.fault.NicSettingMismat...

• "The number of network adapter settings in the customization specification  does not match the number of network adapters present in the virtual machine."

Is it your case?

0 Kudos
bbabaei
Contributor
Contributor

Same number of adapters on both.  I had to convert the template to VM.  Then go into device manager and delete the nic.  Next edit the VM and remove the nic that was added.  Convert the VM back to a template and it worked.  There was something with the setup of the nic but this worked for me!

Thanks for the help!

BB

0 Kudos
jsnavely
Contributor
Contributor

Old post, but I just ran into this when trying to change the NIC port group (edit hardware configuration) while cloning a machine. Changing the port group on the source machine prior to the clone allowed me to proceed without error.

0 Kudos
wangjianghuan
Contributor
Contributor

hi ,  Can share your code ?

0 Kudos
avasilsg
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos