VMware Cloud Community
COBMikolajek
Contributor
Contributor

Error Changing domain VCA appliance

Hi,

I am looking for some help understanding and issue I am having trying to add my test VCA appliance to a different domain. This is a test appliance and I need to understand this as I will need to do something similar in our production environment. Here is the scenario:

Appliance name: appliance.apples.com

Successfully added via cli to the apples.com domain

I successfully removed appliance.apples.domain.com from the apples.com domain and rebooted the appliance

I created a DNS record for the appliance on the bananas.com domain

I created a computer object in AD on the bananas.com domain

Via the cli, I renamed the host to appliance.bananas.com, I rebooted the appliance

VIA the cli, I attempted to join the appliance to the bananas.com domain

When I attempt to join the domain, I get the following error:

ERROR: lw_error_ldap_constraint_violation [code 0x00009dtb]

The account I am using is a domain admin on the bananas.com domain.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You do not need to create an object in AD as domainjoin-cli would do that automatically.. Remove that and try again

Via the cli, I renamed the host to appliance.bananas.com, I rebooted the appliance -> PNID change is supported on 6.7 U3.. Have you changed PNID or just the hostname for the VCSA?

If only VCSA the procedure is wrong and unsupported for future purposes

Does the user has sufficient permissions on domain VMware Knowledge Base

thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
COBMikolajek
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. I do see that changing the host name did not change the PNID and I suspect that is where my trouble lies. I did update my appliance to 6.7 U3 and doe see how I can change it through the gui. I am still having trouble. When I go to edit the network settings, provide the updated FQDN and enter my admin credentials I am getting this error:

"The specified IP address does not resolve to the specified hostname."

Is there a way to update the PNID via command line? I tried ….vami_config_net and it didn't change the PNID

Yet, the dns record exists and is resolvable....

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos