VMware Cloud Community
venkatesh710
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error 25003: Setup failed to create vcenter repository

Hi Folks,

I am trying to install VCenter Server 5.0 in windows server 2008. I have created a standalone vm for sql server 2008 R2 and created a database (vcenterdb) for vcenter repository.

ODBC conncetion configured and tested the successful conncetion in VCenter machine and started the VCenter installation.

While installing VCenter i have mentioned the ODBC database (vcenterdb) and proceeded. During the installation i got a  warning message and installation got failed with following error.

"Error 25003: Setup failed to create vcenter repository"

I gone through the kb , but no luck to solve this issue.

Installation Parameters:

User Name : DomainName\Administartor

Database : Use existing supported database - choosed created ODBC dB

Any suggessions to fix it ?

Warning:

Fully qualified domain name can not be resoved . If you continue the installaion, some of the features might not work

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iw123
Commander
Commander

Hi,

What can you see in the vpxd.log?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VirtualCenter\logs

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos
venkatesh710
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply,

I have attched vimtool.log, vxpd-1.log , vxpd-alert-1.log .

~venkat

0 Kudos
iamsiju
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From the log, vCenter Server service could not be sarted because database connectivity lost. Please check the database is accessible and make sure , the database user has dbo role assigned to vc database and msdb database.

**if you found this or any other answer useful, please consider allocating points for helpful or correct answers**
0 Kudos
venkatesh710
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks iamsiju

I have enabled all the permisions for Domain\Adminstrator. But same issue caused.So i have created a new user in db and assigned all permissions to that user.

Now i have installed vcenter by using the new user created.

Is there any difficulty by using a user which is not a Local Administrator ?

Thanks,

Venkatesh

0 Kudos