VMware Cloud Community
muralipatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Enhanced linked mode

Hi All, I have multiple query on sso and linked mode whereas our infra is having 9+ vcenter server confiugred with vcsa and external psc deployed with 6.5 u3.

9+ vcenter servers are configured with sso and linked mode. recently we have upgraded one psc and vc to 6.7 after that we noticed that linked mode is config is broken for the upgraded vc and few other vc's.

While upgrading the psc may be our engineer added the psc as new sso however why the other vc's linked mode is broken.

I guess the linked mode should work with 6.5 and 6.7 vcenter server if not wrong as am able to see the 6.7 upgraded vc having linked with 6.5 vcenter servers aswell now.

Please suggest.

thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Virtbay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Muralipatil,

Not sure what would have caused the break .Linked mode will work during the process of rolling upgrade but again it is not good to hold the upgrades of 6.5 for a long time though.You can check the replication status by looking into the below article.Also you can look at the VMDIRD logs (/var/lo/vmware/vmdird) for more information on the break.

VMware Knowledge Base

Regards VB Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos