VMware Cloud Community
pargit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Enhanced authentication plugin not working in chrome 108

hi,

our company recently upgraded chrome from 106 to 108 build and since then the auth plugin is not loading.

when i reverted chrome back it works.

i can't find any policy that might block it.

VC is 7.0.3.00500, os Win10 21H2

thanks

mor

0 Kudos
9 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

In Chrome go to https:\vmware-plugin:8094 and click advanced, proceed. This will approve the certificate for the plugin.

Go back to vCenter and log in using enhanced authentication.

This happens from time to time when Chrome loses the trust of the certificate after clearing cookies, cache, etc.

0 Kudos
pbarendse
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, except the "Proceed" button no longer appears... The plugin sends back 'unusual and invalid credentials'. 

0 Kudos
maksym007
Expert
Expert

Clear cache and cookies. 

0 Kudos
pbarendse
Contributor
Contributor

That is not the issue. The certificate for the plugin is no longer trusted due to a change in the Chrome browser. This is a known issue. It works with the Edge browser. 

Testing this is easy: when you try the same in a Chrome Incognito window the issue also appears, which rules out cache and cookie issues.

pargit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

so edge only?

will it be fixed in later versions?

0 Kudos
pbarendse
Contributor
Contributor

Currently Edge only (from what I have tested). The issue already presented in FireFox in earlier versions, now also in Chrome. Not sure if it will be fixed in future versions...

0 Kudos
EugeneCCB
Contributor
Contributor

Edge and Firefox works

0 Kudos
dartzen
Contributor
Contributor

It also works in Chrome, but you have to use a small workaround. On the screen with the certificate error in Chrome type "thisisunsafe" (without the "" and without clicking anywhere.) This will bypass the certificate error and after that the plug-in works once again. This also works in other Chromium Browsers.

0 Kudos
pbarendse
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently this workaround is no longer necessary. I think Google fixed this issue in Chrome 111, since all my systems now again accept the plugin...

0 Kudos