I tried to configure VCenter server 6 to send email notification using gmail account, but unfortunately can not send email as shown below
May any one have solution for that?
Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server
Require SSL: Yes
Connection point: 993
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
Require SSL: Yes
Requires TLS: Yes (if any)
Requires authentication: Yes
SSL Port: 465
TLS / STARTTLS Port: 587
Your Full Name or Display Name
Account Name, User Name or E-mail address Full e-mail address
Password Gmail is free
Are we tested this way?
I almost feel like you're trying to torment other users by posting the same erroneous information, so I'll un-torment them.
The gmail settings above are useless unless you know where to type them. They are buried in "Advanced Settings".
There is an interface for typing the settings by "key" (they are key/value pairs); however, the interface is broken so you will have to scroll to page 65. Not kidding.
Here is how to get to the advanced settings, from the html5 client:
1) from the template or cluster views, select the vcenter on the left hand side. This allows you to enter vcenter settings such as email.
2) On the left, after you have entered the email server in the General settings, click "Advanced Settings".
3) On the top right click the box that says "edit settings" (on my browser this is displaying over a couple other words so don't freak out if you see that)
4) There are 70 pages of settings today. Click the number 70, and then click the left arrow a few times to find the mail settings on page 65. (even this is not easy as the left arrow will keep moving with each scroll).
5) Here you can adjust the port, password, and user name for the email sends using gmail settings above or other ones.
These are the settings:
In my screen shot you can see where I tried to type the key "mail.smtp.password" and failed.
I'm trying to set up alerts on vmware (vcenter 6) using Gmail account.
anyone could configure that? It's impossible? if so, there is any plan B to solve this? It's urgent.