VMware Cloud Community
RaymondXie
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi disconnect from vCenter running on VMware player

Hi there,

I am running vCenter Server using VMware player on a Windows 2008 R2 server.  I cannot install cVenter directly since the Windows server is configured as a domain controller.  I have two ESXi hosts in two separate servers.  They three servers can ping each other directly.  I first created Windows 7 x64 virtual machine on VMware player and then installed vCenter Server (had to edit launch condition to make installation work).  I then added the two ESXi hosts to vCenter, they are connected.  Everything seems to be fine, but after a few seconds, the two ESXi hosts were disconnected.  I tried a few more times, and it did the same thing over and over again.

I am using NAT network config for VMware player, and can ping the two ESXi hosts from Windows 7 cmd.  I suspect the problem is the ESXi host cannot ping the vCenter Server.  I changed the network to Bridge mode and it made things worse, I cannot ping the two ESXi hosts anymore even if I enabled VMware Bridge Protocol to all Ethernet adaptors (Two NICs, two VMware Virtual).

Here are more information, the NICs of the three servers are in the subnet 10.218.15.x, but the IPconfig inside Windows 7 VM gave me 192.168.x.x IP.

Any suggestions?  shall I use Bridged mode or NAT mode ffor vCenter on VMware player?  Thanks,

The problem was resolved by the author after manually configure the Windows 7 IP to match the physical NIC subnet.  Thanks! Message was edited by: RaymondXie

0 Kudos
0 Replies