VMware Cloud Community
Mayank052011101
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 5.0 keeps on getting disconnected from VC...!

Hi,

I am all but lost right now, I have an ESXi 5.0 which I added to my VC (also 5.0) (operation was successful!) when trying to access it; the operation gets successful but within seconds it gets disconnected again; another host with similar configuration runs persfectly fine on this VC. So I doubt if there any configuration issue with my VC. However when I directly connect to this ESXi host from VC server using VI client all looks OK; can anyone please suggest what is wrong here?

Many thanks in advance,

Mayank

Mayank S. VCP 4, VCP 5
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mayank052011101
Contributor
Contributor

However when I directly connect to this PROBLEMATIC  ESXi host from VC server using VI client all looks OK; can anyone please suggest what is wrong here?

Mayank S. VCP 4, VCP 5
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Can you confirm the ESXi host has a Host-A entry in DNS, i.e. DNS resolution is working properly?

André

0 Kudos
Mayank052011101
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! very much, I have added all the ESXi hosts to my domain and tested that both from VC and ESXi; every FQDN (Of ESXi and of VC ) is resolving along the expected lines,

Thanks,

Mayank S. VCP 4, VCP 5
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If you can also rule out a duplicate IP address, then I'd suggest you take a look at the log files (e.g. vpxa.log) to see whether they contain any hints.

see http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2004201

André

0 Kudos
Mayank052011101
Contributor
Contributor

Let me check that, thanks a lot for the help so far..

Mayank S. VCP 4, VCP 5
0 Kudos